By focusing on the language used for the objects and actions in the apps, I created a new, refined and simplified taxonomy. We tested this taxonomy with users, made revisions, and were then able to use this to guide our architectural design process.
To make sure our architecture met the needs of our users, we launched a major research process with the agency C-space, while conducting our own surveys and user discovery sessions.
Application taxonomy for objects and actions
Simple and elegant results
The resulting prototype has been a resounding success with our users, who have been able to complete their tasks, and discover new features easily and efficiently. The new features have been integrated transparently, and our testing has shown that we have added to the experience without adding complications.
Product teams are now adding components of my designs to their roadmaps, and initial features will be rolled out in Q3 2016.